9/02/2008

R.I.P. Matt Garcia

Today is a sad day. A good man I knew who put his heart out for the city I live in has passed away.  

Read the story here SFGATE

There are no words to describe how I feel about this. This was a man who wanted to make my city better. He wanted to give back to the youth because many of them end up in gangs, jail, or in a body bag. He was our hope for bringing peace to this city. My question is why? WHY? How does this type of thing happen to such a great person? Damn...I'm tired of these thugs and gangsters and the lifestyle the mainstream seems to glorify. This is not the way to teach our kids. That lifestyle does not teach respect in a civilized manner. It only teaches kids, "You cross my path, I'll kill you." We should be showing kids that their is more to life than being "gangsta" or "thugged out." Kids don't know they have options. I'm going off tangent...I better stop before I get too personal.

City Councilman Matt Garcia you will be missed. This video is for you homie


Ps. Matt, I never got the chance to take you up on that offer for lunch...




No comments: