9/27/2008

After hours. Bored. Need a hobby or something...

Man, it's true when my professor said "after a month or so of working at your design job, its going to kick in, yah know, panic... because after work their is no homework. Suddenly you realize you have a lot of time on your hands. Now what?"

My professor was right on the money. I come home and do my normal routine. Eat dinner, turn on the tube and watch some cnn. Check some emails. Check my blog. Hit up youTube and watch a little SNSD and some jpop vids. Finally, sleep. My routine is getting a little boring. I need a new hobby or something. 

I did pick up a "Learn Japanese while you drive" audio cd. So far it has been very helpful. I listen to it while on my morning commute to work. So far my favorite phrases are " Ima jya nai." This means "not now." Another phrase is "Kono kanji dakedo motto okii desu." This means "It's like this only bigger." haha! nam sayin'? I love this cd because it gives me something to do while driving. I definitely recommend this cd for the people who commute. It's convenient and worth giving a try.

I'm slowly moving back towards music only because I'm concerned for my older bro. He is unemployed and all he does is play his god forsaken Call of Duty game in the dead of night with the volume on blast. I'm tired of hearing "Our UAV is online" as well as my brothers constant cursing. I love my bro, but man please learn some respect for the people that live with you. Turn the volume down please. 

The reason I'm moving towards music again is because my brother needs an income. I suggested selling beats $25-$100. You know, at a price people can afford. Say if you sold 10 beats for $100. There goes a $1000 in your pocket. I mean we have a vast library of beats we can sell. Easy right? Well, my brother needs a little push. 

It hurts me when he says he hasn't touch the music or at least tell me he's working on the music, but doesn't. I'm doing my part in trying to get him some customers, but I'm not sure if he's doing his part to complete the transaction. I want him to succeed, but in his eyes I see that he is not fully confident in himself. 

Granted my bro can be annoying most of the times, but that's what many brothers do. The thing I don't want to see is my older brother fail. He is smart and intelligent, but he doesn't have the confidence to push himself to his highest potential. Is it age? Is it low self esteem? Is he ashamed of his life? He shouldn't be because he has people around him who loves him for himself. Me, I show my love in a stern 'a-hole and sarcastic sort of way, but that's how I am. Underneath that sarcastic bullcrap is nothing but a lot of love for my bro. If he ever reads this, I just want to let him know that I got his back. He has to promise me though, no bullshit and no slacking, and no getting side tracked. If music is his passion, then he should put his heart and soul into it. Godspeed brother.

Speaking of god, I started going back to church on Sundays. Lately, I've been blessed with a lot of things. A new job, a new car, and a beautiful fiance. I can't thank the man above enough for blessing me. That is why I'm  going to try to make it my weekend routine to go to church on Sundays. God has been good to me. I just wanted to show my appreciation. Keep in mind you don't have to go to church all the time. As long as you have faith in your god then nothing can go wrong. I'm Catholic and my fiance is Buddhist. Nothing wrong with that. I was raised to never look down on anybodies religion. It is what it is. If you got a problem with someone's religion then you have mad problems buddy. Anyways...

I think I've written too much so I shall leave you with the very soulful Fuyumi Abe.

Fuyumi Abe-青春と路地
One more video...
From CSJH! They finally came out with a new video named "Here." I posted this track on an earlier post, but there was no actual video attached so here it is. 

CSJH-Here feat. Cliff
Personally, I love their japanese lyrics, but they sing much better in korean. All in all, they are still one of koreas best all female group vocalists. 

Alright everyone. Time to start my day so I say peace. Peace. jya ne!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, you have some great insight and I agree with a lot of your realizations. I'm always in search of new ways to occupy my time (even when I don't have much to spare, to my dismay :P) Good luck & blogging helps :P

The Amagi Walker said...

Hey Shay! I never got to formally welcome you back from Japan. Okaeri! I hope your trip was everything you wanted it to be. Are you thinking of going back to Japan again sometime this year?

Yeh, work is fun and all. Its just the void after work that kills me. Hopefully with whatever hobby or venture I run into will lead to a sense of fulfillment and joy. I guess all I can do now is just try to live life to its fullest the best that I can...and learn a little japanese while I'm at it. Gambarimasu!

Anonymous said...

Your brother's story reminds me of:

http://tinyurl.com/5ff2h7

The Amagi Walker said...

Yo Craig! Thanks for the link. Maybe I should document my brothers game playing on film and photograph? Just a thought, not sure if I'll actually go through with it.

Anonymous said...

They do that with anorexics because y'know when they look in the mirror it's like they hallucinate or something but when they see pics in a certain way they finally get it.