1/20/2008

WANT TO LEARN JAPANESE? LEARN WITH YAN SAN!

For about a year now, I've been trying to find the best method for me to learn Japanese. My girlfriend is Japanese. I wanted to learn the language so that we can one day have conversations all in Japanese. I've picked up books and audio tapes and nothing seemed to work. Recently, by accident I came upon a series of videos that would help me learn Japanese quickly and easily. 

Welcome to the world of YAN. He's a somewhat pudgy nerdy gaijin(Foreigner) who travelled to Japan to learn about Architecture. Yan san finds himself living amongst the Japanese people and gets into different day to day situations that we all can relate to. Even though these videos were created in 1984, they still prove to be a great method for some to learn Nihongo(Japanese). Check the first vid out. If you like be sure to look at the others. All together there are about 26 episodes. YouTube has some, but not all. If anybody knows where I can find the rest drop me a comment. Here's the first installment. Enjoy



Let's Learn Japanese Basic Part 1. Episode 1 part A


Let's Learn Japanese Basic Part 1. Episode 1 part B


Let's Learn Japanese Basic Part 1. Episode 1 part C


What do you think? Love him or hate him Yan san is a character that will eventually grow on you. Oh by the way, do you want to know what Yan San looks like now? Check this link provided by Japan Probe: Yan-san Lives

Omoshiroi desu ne? Yan san ha ima ojiisan desu! He's still alive and kicking mad grooves with his wife and daughter. Check out their website here: Ake Kubota

Alright everyone. I hope you enjoyed this fun yet recycled material on the net. I know this post is nothing new. Someone once said, "You can't create anything new anymore. This world is a satire. All we're doing is remixing it." I believe those words, though probably not verbatim, are from M-flo's Comiscolor Album. Take care everyone. Peaceeee!


*******UPDATE*******
I found the rest of the videos on YouTube. They are listed under "Learn Japanese Basic" Just put in the episode number you want and the A,B,or C suffix. Check them out. 

No comments: